Keywords: spinal cord injury, neural regeneration research
Dr. Xu’s research has focused on neuroprotection, axonal regeneration, and recovery of function of traumatic spinal cord and brain injuries.
We are particularly interested in promoting regeneration and/or reorganization of long descending supraspinal axons such as those from the corticospinal tract (CST), the rubrospinal (RST) and the descending propriospinal tract (dPST).
- Glucocorticoid receptor, inflammation, and cell death
- Phospholipase A2 as a novel target for neuroprotection
- Schwann cell transplantation
- Corticospinal regeneration
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research