- Health@Luddy - Crosscutting
- Data Science
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Our work focuses broadly on asking questions about organismal function and evolution using genomic data.
Our questions largely revolve around the relative roles of natural selection and genetic drift in shaping nucleotide, gene family, and gene expression variation both within and between species. Although most of the empirical work has been on systems such as humans, flies and mosquitoes (and now tomatoes!), members of the lab can work on topics and organisms that appeal to them.
- The evolution of gene gain and loss
- Population genomics
- Speciation genomics
- The evolution of transcriptional regulation
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- computational and evolutionary genomics; evolution of transcriptional regulation; molecular population genetics