- Couples and Chronic Illness Management
- Committed Relationships and Engagement in Health Behaviors
- Same-Sex Couples and health processes
- Bioregulation (sleep, exercise, & nutrition) on mental and physical health
- Process Research in MFT
My program of research is on the nexus of couple relationships and health behaviors, specifically with how couple processes might attenuate negative health outcomes. I also am interested in understanding how health and wellness (or lack of) influence relationship processes.
- Health Attitudes and Beliefs in Same-Sex Couples
- Health Behavior Concordance and Health Support Concordance in Couple Relationships
We have several important projects taking place:
- Health Behaviors in Heterosexual Committed Relationships
- Intuitive Eating/Exercise in Gay Male Marriages
- Perceptions of Illness/Health between Couples
We seek to answer two main lines of questioning that are of fundamental interest:
- What relationship processes (coping, communication, support, responsiveness, etc.) can either improve or worsen physical health (health behaviors or health outcomes)?
- How health and wellness (or lack of) influence relationships and relationship processes?
- Committed Relationships and Health Behaviors
- Health attitudes and Behaviors in Gay Male Couples
- Perceptions of Health and Illness in Couple Relationships