- Evaluation of site specific management practices with the use of precision agriculture technologies,
- Evaluation of precision agriculture technologies for variable rate application of inputs (e.g., water, nutrient, seed), on-farm demonstration of precision irrigation strategies and technologies
- Study and evaluation of technologies and methodologies to assess within-field soil, crop and yield variability,
- Study of the impact of weather and climate on agriculture especially corn and wheat crops,
- Identification of adaptation strategies to reduce climate-related risk in agriculture,
- Use of field studies and crop growth simulation modeling to evaluate different management strategies for improving grain production.
Program Areas: Agronomic Crops