Current research topics span many different areas of hydrogeology:
- Groundwater geochemistry and microbiology: Water-sediment-bacteria interaction in coastal plain aquifers
- Arsenic Groundwater Contamination: Linked geologic and microbial processes
- Hydroseimicity: Earthquake butterfly, Overpressure in New Madrid Seismic Zone
- Basin hydrology modeling: Groundwater flow, heat transfer, sediment diagenesis, hydrocarbon generation and migration in sedimentary basins
- Flow in fractured media: Transport and flow in fractured media
- Bioremediation: In situ (field) bioremediation of metals-contaminated groundwater
- Groundwater resources in Alabama: Reactive transport and biomineralization of heavy metals
Research Areas: Hydrogeology and environmental geology. Active research involves: (1) groundwater geochemistry and microbiology; (2) in situ bioremediation of metals-contaminated groundwater; (3) basin hydrology modeling; and (4) earthquake hydrology.
Subject Areas: Environmental and Natural Hazards Research; GIScience (GISc).