- Educational Psychology
- Educational Research, Measurement, and Assessment.
- Social justice and equity in education
- LGBTQ issues and queer studies in higher education
- Race and racism in higher education
- Motivation theory, especially expectancy-value theory and achievement goal theory
- Quantitative methodologies
- Meta-analytic confirmatory factor analysis (MA-CFA)
- Research methods for social justice and equity.
Dr. Strunk's ongoing projects include:
- community-based participatory research with LGBTQ individuals in Alabama to understand identity development and mental health processes;
- research on higher education climate around equity and justice, especially around race, gender identities, and sexual identities;
- measurement research using novel statistical techniques to evaluate motivation scales and theories.
Currently, he teaches quantitative methods for educational research. In the past, he has also taught in the areas of educational foundations, social justice, educational psychology, and human development.
His research focuses in three broad areas: social justice and equity in education, motivation in education, and educational research methodology.
Currently, he teaches in educational research, measurement, and analysis.
His research interests include motivation, equity, and measurement.
Psychology, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Neuroscience, Health Professions.