My research interests are within the field of Coastal Engineering and focus on short and long-term beach erosion. Specifically, I am interested in the impacts of waves and surge on barrier islands and how these processes interact with engineered structures.
- Coastal community resiliency
- Development and evaluation of adaptation strategies to sea-level rise
- Post-disaster structural and geotechnical evaluation
- High-resolution numerical modeling of coastal processes
- Coastal structures and their interaction with morphological changes during tropical cyclones
- Engineering education and citizen science