- Examination of brain structure and function in neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders across the lifespan, with an emphasis on traumatic brain injury, cognitive effects of cancer and its treatments, and epilepsy. I am particularly interested in various aspects of cognitive functioning in these populations, including working and episodic memory, and employ neuropsychological assessment and structural and functional MRI to examine the underlying brain basis for behavior.
- Cognitive assessment in pediatric medical populations, including oncology, epilepsy, brain injury, and a wide range of other neurological and medical disorders.
I am a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist with expertise in structural and functional MRI research, and over 15 years of experience conducting neurocognitive and neuroimaging studies in pediatric and adult neuropsychiatric populations.
The goal of my research across projects is to improve understanding of the brain basis for cognitive symptoms experienced by cancer patients, and to develop treatments that help improve their symptoms, daily functioning, and quality of life.
- Neurodegenerative Disorders Research
- Neurodevelopment Research
- Neuroimaging (in vivo) Research
- Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research