My research interests are in the areas of sexual and reproductive health. My current research focuses on five main areas:
- Interventions to improve uptake of, and experiences of, condom use
- Sexual health in older adults
- Innovative sex education interventions for adolescents
- Sexual problems in women
- Condom use errors and problems.
- Evaluation of HIS-UK
- Safe4Play: Innovative educational intervention for safer sexual and reproductive health
Her research interests are sexual behavior, HIV/STD-related risk behavior, reproductive hormones, and gender differences in sexual behavior. She has conducted research on psychophysiological sexual response patterns; condom errors and problems; the effects of oral contraceptives on mood and sexuality in women; the relationship between the menstrual cycle and changes in mood and sexuality; menstrual synchrony; and methodological issues involved in recall data on sexual behavior.