- Connectivity and integration in the Roman world.
- Intersections between ecology and economic history.
- The meanings and uses of money in the Roman Empire.
- Social-scientific approaches to history.
I am an economic and social historian with an interest in money, disease and ecology in the ancient Roman world.
- To 500
- Western European History
- Empire and Colonialism
- Environment and Society
- Money, Political Economy and Commercial Life
- Ecological and economic integration in the ancient and late antique Mediterranean; money, its meaning and uses in the Roman Empire; the application of economic and social theory to classical antiquity