We focus on integrating biological mechanisms with development of strategies that can leverage the immune system to simultaneously promote restoration of bone and alter immune responses to control inflammation or cell viability. Our therapeutic modalities build on multifunctional osteo-immune cytokines, which can be targeted to bone or inflammatory cells in order to exert regenerative effects.
- Targeted IL-27 cytokine therapy for bone metastatic prostate cancer and inflammatory arthritis applications.
- Immunotherapy • Bone Metastatic Tumors • Musculoskeletal Repair • Drug Discovery
We are developing several gene delivery and stem cell delivery systems for cytokine-based gene therapy, with a focus on sonoporation gene delivery (sonodelivery) and adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells as vehicles.
- Bone Metastatic Tumors
- Musculoskeletal Repair
- Drug Discovery
- Osteoimmunology; gene and drug delivery for modulating interactions between bone and immune system for treating cancer and arthritis.
- Gene delivery, using ultrasound-mediated sonoporation strategies to express targeted osteo-immune cytokines for restoring bone and immune cell homeostasis;
- Stem cell delivery, exploring the therapeutic ability of adipose-derived mesenchymal/stromal stem cells to deliver the pro-osteogeneic and antiangiogenic Pigment Epithelium-Derived Factor;
- Role of small molecules for pharmacological interventions for mediating joint cartilage and bone repair