Dr. Bourgi’s research interests focus on evaluating the care continuum of non-communicable diseases among persons living with HIV (PLWH), including the incidence, disease management and gaps in the care cascade of non-AIDS related events.
Dr. Bourgi is also interested in studying the metabolic complications associated with HIV infection and the long-term use of antiretroviral therapy (ART). His current research evaluates the differences in incidence of metabolic complications among different ART classes.
- Evaluating the care continuum of non-communicable diseases among persons living with HIV (PLWH)
- Studying the metabolic complications associated with HIV infection and long-term use antiretroviral therapy.
- Using large databases to evaluate the HIV care continuum and treatment outcomes, identify existing healthcare disparities and improve the quality and delivery of medical care.
- Caring for persons living with HIV.
- LGBT health including caring for persons who identify as transgender.
- Treatment of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
- HIV/TB coinfection.
- HIV/HCV coinfection.