I am a theoretical biologist working broadly in the areas of evolution and ecology.
- Understanding the process of adaptive evolution
- Understanding the population genetic processes underpinning adaptation
- The interplay between ecology and evolution
- Theoretical biology: with a recent focus on how and to what extent human-caused environmental change differs from the continual shifts the Earth has always experienced, Bertram builds models to show how complex biological systems respond to, interact with, and change their environments.
Research Interests / Specializations:
- Theoretical population genetics, evolutionary dynamics, stochastic processes, population dynamics