Area of Interest: Evolution and systematics of plant-feeding insects, especially sap-sucking bugs (Hemiptera: Sternorrhyncha)
Our research addresses four major questions about plant-eating insect biodiversity:
- What insect species eat plants?
- Why are there so many of them?
- Why are so many of them so picky about what they eat?
- How can we apply biodiversity science theory to manage herbivorous insect-related problems in agriculture and conservation.
- Virulence Evolution
- Arthropod Systematics, Evolution