My research group has an interest in three primary areas:
- Metagenomic Analysis of Microbial Assemblages.
- Biological control of disease using beneficial microorganisms.
- Pathogenesis and control of virulent Aeromonas hydrophila
The Liles laboratory conducts research at the intersection of environmental and clinical microbiology.
Research Projects in the Liles Laboratory:
- Our research group works at the intersection of environmental and clinical microbiology. We are using a combination of modern molecular biological tools and classic microbiological techniques to 1) Discover novel antibiotic compounds produced by environmental microorganisms, 2) Identify and characterize biological control agents to control disease, and 3) Study the complex microbial communities in natural environments and their response to environmental factors.
- Host-Microbial Interactions Core.