Keywords: Polymers Nanomaterials Controlled/Sustained Release Biomechanical Space Testing Stimuli Responsive Materials Colloids Surface Modification Nanocomposites
- Biomedical Applications of Polymers
- Biomedical Applications of Nanocomposites
- Biomechanical Space Testing
- Shape Memory Polymers
- Polymer Processing
Dr. Edward Davis’ research interests include natural nanomaterials, processing of nanocomposites, and mechanical testing of structures and orthopedic repairs.
He has active research projects in the fields of nanocomposite processing, controlled release, and remote actuation of shape memory polymers.
Our research focus is biodegradable nanocomposites. The group currently has three thrusts:
- Controlled release systems
- Remotely stimulated shape memory materials