- Occupational Safety & Ergonomics
- Human Performance in Evacuation
- System Safety Engineering
- Work Measurement
- Work Physiology
Keywords: Occupational Safety , Ergonomics , Human Factors, Time Study ,ADA ,FLSA
A professor member of ASSE, Jerry specializes in the area of work measurement, methods engineering, occupational safety and systems safety.
Specific research topic areas that I am interested in are:
- Personal Protective Equipment (design effectiveness, evaluation & compliance issues), particularly helmets and back belts.
- Biomedical Engineering (biomechanics, physiological response to varying workplace designs, and the application of current relevant biomedical techniques to the ergonomics field).
- Training effectiveness & response regarding ergonomics & safety.
- Impact of the aging workforce on existing standards and work measurement practices, and workplace design.
- NORA objectives pertaining to occupational ergonomics and safety.
- Manpower and productivity issues associated with municipalities.
- Donning, Doffing and modeling of PPE and sanitation equipment.