Research and Teaching Interests:
- Systematics and phylogeography of marine invertebrates
- Evolutionary Genetics & Systematics Core.
One of the primary lines of research in the lab is to understand the evolutionary relationships among major animal lineages.
Halanych Lab Projects:
- Animal Phylogeny
- Icy Inverts: Evolution of Antarctic Invertebrates
- Hemichordate Phylogeny
- Siboglinids & chemosynthetic environments
- Meiofaunal environmental genomics & hydrocarbon response
- Genomics & Bioinformatics
- Early Evolution of Animals.