- Higher Education Administration.
Dr. Antonio Duran's research broadly examines how historical and contemporary legacies of oppression influence college student development and experiences. Connected to this central thread, he is also interested in how scholar-practitioners use the above knowledge in their practice. He primarily uses critical frameworks (e.g., intersectionality, queer of color critique, quare theory) to complicate the field's understanding of racism, heterosexism, trans oppression, and other forms of marginalization on college campuses.
- Critical perspectives on college student development, experiences, and success
- Queer and transgender individuals in higher education
- Intersectional theorizing in educational practice, policy, and scholarship.
- Educational Foundations, Leadership & Technology.