- Transport processes in soils and sediments
- Irrigation efficiency and timing
- Contaminant transport in soils
- Soil colloid transport
- Soil tillage
- Spatial and temporal statistics
- Stormwater remediation
Subject Area: Soil Physics
My research includes different land uses, such as agriculture, urban, and natural. And I work on all scales: watershed, field, and pore scale.
- Irrigation Management
- Volatilization of Pesticides
- Stream Restoration
- Hydrology of Vertisols
Thorsten Knappenberger’s research focuses on irrigation management based on soil sensors and remote sensing, preferential flow in structured soils, constructed wetland hydrology, stormwater management, as well as fate and transport of chemicals in soils. He teaches split-level environmental soil physics and soil resources and conservation courses.