My laboratory is focused on targeting the proteasome for the treatment of cancer.
We are focusing on acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) because cell lines derived from these cancers are as sensitive to bortezomib as multipel myeloma cells. We are pursuing several projects:
- Nanoparticle formulations of proteasome inhibitors to solid tumors
- Immunoproteasome inhibitors for the treatment of hematologic malignancies
- Mechanism of recovery of proteasome activity after treatments with inhibitors
- Mechanistic basis of sensitivity of non-myeloma cells to proteasome inhibitors
- Novel proteasome inhibitors