Current projects in the lab include:
- Determining the role of Hox genes in the early patterning of sepsid abdominal appendages
- Constructing an EST library and sequences data base for the sepsid Themira biloba
- Comparing the developmental basis of independent instances of abdominal appendage evolution throughout the sepsid family
- Evolutionary and Developmental Biology.
- The evolution and development of insect morphology with a focus on novel structures. Evolvability and co-option of gene networks. Developmental basis of parallel evolution.
Evolutionary Developmental Biology; Molecular Basis of Pattern Formation.