His clinical interests are focused on surgical oncology including the management of primary and secondary hepatic neoplasms, bile duct tumors, benign and malignant diseases of the pancreas, gastric cancer, and sarcoma.
- Clinical outcomes reearch in liver, complex biliary, and pancreatic surgery
- Clinical investigational trials for neoadjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer
- Translational research studies to develop molecular markers for early pancreatic cancer detection and predictors for chemotherapy responsiveness
- Liver tumors
- Bile duct cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Biliary tract disorders
- Metastatic colorectal cancer
- Gastric cancer
- Neuroendocrine tumors
Dr. House's research interests include:
- Optimizing outcomes after HPB surgery. Discovery of novel molecular markers for the early diagnosis and response to treatment for pancreatic, biliary, and hepatic cancers.
I am interested in understanding the biologic factors which drive cachexia in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma and how these factors impact outcomes after pancreatic surgery.