- 1350 to 1800
- 19th century
- Western European History
- Age of RevolutionsCultural History
- Food and Food Cultures
- Historical Teaching and Practice
- Material CultureMoney, Political Economy and Commercial Life
- Social and Revolutionary Movements.
I am a historian of politics, culture, and consumption who has published chiefly on eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Europe.
Deeply committed to archival research, I nonetheless find it crucial to maintain an active interest in cultural and critical theory.
She maintains an active interest in the history of money and often teaches a course on the subject.
- cultural/social/economic theory
- Money, finance, banking
- France, 1715-present.
Area of expertise:
As a historian of France, I study the eighteenth and the nineteenth centuries, for the two are linked—more than they are separated—by the French Revolution.