Our work has primarily focussed on members of the genus Sulfolobus. In particular we have studied S. solfataricus and S. acidocaldarius. These species are hyperthermophilic acidophilic aerobes (they grow at 80°C and at pHs between 2 and 4).
- DNA replication
- Origins of Replication
- Replication elongation
- Replication Termination, Dimer Resolution and Cohesion
- Cell Division.
- Chromatin, Chromosomes, and Genome Integrity
- Microbial Cell Biology and Environmental Responses.
Our lab investigates the machineries that duplicate, express, organize and segregate the genome.
We exploit a multi-disciplinary range of cell and molecular biological, biochemical, genetic and structural approaches to determine the mechanistic and regulatory parameters that govern these essential cellular processes.
- molecular biology of the archaea; mechanistic and regulatory parameters that govern DNA replication, gene transcription and cell division
- Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
- Molecular Life Sciences